понеделник, 22 октомври 2012 г.

You must know how much time software would take to be build! Right ?!

In every developers life there is one series of questions that are hard and sometimes plane impossible to answer.
Questions as:
When will it be ready ?
How much time it will take ? 

These are not an easy questions and  there are not easy answers.
So normally when you try to explain that you can't give exact estimate and time-plan for everything you just get the "Puzzle look" and normally asked "Why?"

Well browsing around the internet i stumble on a very good analogy that explain "Why?" is so hard and mostly wrong every time.

I assume you know how to put together a jigsaw puzzle, for nearly any 3 year old can put together the most basic ones.
So let me ask you a question. If I went out and bought 5 jigsaw puzzles, each with say 2,500 interlocking pieces, how long would it take you to put together anyone of them?
Can you tell me within 25% of the actual time how long it will take you? After all, you DO know how to put together a puzzle, right? And it you can do that, can you tell me what day you'll have all 5 of them finished?
I want to know! And can you have your reply ready for me by 3pm today?

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар